Sunday, April 23, 2017

Week 10: The Final Product

Early on, I decided a paper was the best way to compile all the information I have learned throughout this project. I began work on the paper entitled "Development of phantom wound for laser scanning assessment in order to augment wound tracking" this week.


This gave me time to reflect on the results that I have currently.


The scans are clearly very good representations of the phantom wound models. They are similar in color and texture. Even small indentations caused by the silicon can be seen on the computer model.

It also presents the possibility of quantifying wound volume, which could lead to incredible advances in how doctors look at wounds.

However, I did notice one source of error on my results. Unfortunately, I was never able to tackle the glare that appeared on the scans. This causes a small amount of interference on the images as shown below. Exploring new sources of light could probably resolve the issue.




Other than that, I am pretty happy with the results I have and will start to brainstorm ways to present the findings to an audience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment