Saturday, March 11, 2017

Week 5: Manual Alignment

This week, I took a closer look into the manual alignment process. 


The autopilot feature works great when there is just one scan to process. In the beginning, I used a turntable to scan the whole view of an object at once. However, when I potentially scan actual wounds, I cannot place the patient on a turntable to spin them around. Instead, I would take multiple scans from different angles. 

This is where manual alignment becomes useful. The computer will often struggle with stacking the scans the right way. However, I can pick three matching points myself in order to match up the scans. The picture below shows just that.



The resulting scan looks like this. This is a clear improvement from the one under it, which is the image I got using the autopilot feature. 


The second wound model has less distinguishing features, which would make manual alignment more challenging. To remedy this, I used an expo marker to create markings on the edges of the model.





                               
Catch you next week! 

2 comments:

  1. Bloody interesting (get it).
    Overall, excellent work I am excited to see more blog posts from you!

    ReplyDelete