Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Why Angle Matters

One of the important parts of 3D image processing is making sure there is a full, rounded view of the object. 


Artec Studio 11 allows you to drag around the scan to make sure everything appears as it does in real life. This important function is essential for the proper visualization of any wounds I will potentially scan. 


One way 3D visualization is useful is when I am performing the base removal. In the picture below, I scanned my wound model while it was set on the table. Using the program, I was able to move it in a way that let me remove the table without erasing parts of the model.




A three dimensional view can also be useful in seeing discrepancies in the scan. The two images below show why this is essential for image processing.











This first image is the front view I would get if I did not turn the model at all.



However, a change in the angle reveals some interference, which may seem harmless at first but could ruin the integrity of the scan. I am not exactly sure what caused the issue on top of my scan. I will look into what those floating objects are this week.

As these images show, it is important to take a complete view of a situation, not only in 3D image processing, but also in life. 


See you on my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment